Ahead of their 7th annual festival of music and arts in Liverpool’s Baltic Triangle, Threshold Festival have launched a new crowdfunding campaign with a variety of rewards on offer for those who pledge.
Threshold Festival of Music & Arts was started by artists for artists and has its roots in the creative industries of Liverpool and the North West. Since 2011, they have held annual festivals bringing together a diverse wealth of artists, musicians, promoters, academics and enthusiasts to The Baltic Triangle district of Liverpool.
Threshold has been critically acclaimed in citywide, regional and national press and in 2016 was shortlisted as Best Festival for Emerging Talent in the UK Festival Awards. It has been described as “a life force for grass-roots and emerging arts” and is regarded by many as a platform for creative practitioners at all stages of artistic development.
Due to a shortfall in funding, their plans for Threshold Festival in 2017 are not currently matched by the budget available, so organisers have now turned to their fans for assistance.
In the past, the volunteer-led festival has benefited from funding from The Arts Council, Liverpool City Council and smaller scale sponsorship from a range of amazing local businesses. Through these sources, and ticket sales, the festival has been able to carry on and continue to develop; each year Threshold has grown in strength, size and quality.
Pledges to the festival will ensure Threshold can:
– Pay fees or expenses to more of their grass roots artists
– Provide better food and drink to their artists and volunteers
– Print a souvenir festival programme and produce merchandise to raise funds for future events
– Enhance venues with better lighting, set design and projections to create immersive experiences
– Expand the line up and select artists proposing experimental projects
– Expand their marketing to reach a wider audience across the City Region, and make discounted tickets available to disadvantaged communities
Rewards for those that pledge include Festival Tickets, Merchandise, music and VIP packages, with rewards starting at just £5.
Highlighting the North West’s grassroots arts scene, Threshold returns to Liverpool for the seventh consecutive time, from March 31st to April 2nd with advance weekend tickets costing just £15.